Order of Slack at All Rodeos
CR/SW/TR/LBR/JBR (if there is BAW it will follow CR and PWB follows JBR)
A few things to consider when entering a rodeo:
Please Note: The main line will not be answered on Entry day, please do not call the entry line on an entry day with any questions not related to entering the rodeos that we are taking entries for that day. Please call on any other day of the week. Please do not call the main line to enter messages will not be checked until Thursday.
Memberships will not be processed on phone on entry day!!! You must purchase your membership prior to phoning in.
Buddy Groups – A buddy group includes up to a total of four (4) people. All members of the buddy group must go to the same number of rodeos but the lowest priority still affects the whole group. Example: If three people in the group go to Bassano, Arrowwood, Whitecourt and your 4th person is only going to Bassano that will bring your priority down and you may not receive the day you asked for at the FCA rodeo. Barrel Racers if you normally don’t travel with roughstock, you can’t buddy with them just to get a performance.
ALL FINES MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO ENTERING A RODEO, the system is set up so that it will not allow you to enter a rodeo with an outstanding fine. (this also includes outstanding fines with LRA, WRA, CCA, CRA these must be paid before you can enter)
- Online entries will save you a lot of time hitting redial as there is only one phone line on entry day and one phone operator. Please follow the steps below.
- The office needs to fill the performances in all events before a slack will be considered in that event.
- If you enter for 2 full performances you may end up in slack. There is only room in the performances for a certain number of competitors and the Committees have some locals that will get a performance.
- Our Rodeo Committees determine how many people that they will take in a performance.
- If you enter for slack you will receive a better draw in the slack. The barrel racers will be drawn in the top and the other timed events at the bottom.
- We do not take in to consideration Jackpots and non sanctioned Rodeos when doing the draw, we can only do our best with the co-approved rodeos on our schedule.
How to Enter a FCA Rodeo Online – Rodeo Management
NEW FOR ENTRIES WITH PEEWEE’s we have added a section where you can enter up to 4 Pee Wee’s on your card so that it isn’t using up the Buddy Field.
- Online entry opens on Friday prior to phone in and is open until 1:00 on Wednesday.
- Online entry is recommended as the phone in entry is only open from 9 am to 1 pm and there is only one phone line for entries. Please do not call the main phone line to enter, the main phone will not be answered on Wednesday’s
- Before you start you must have the member numbers of everyone in your buddy group.
- Click on Rodeo Schedule & Entry Information
- Click on the Brown Box that says Rodeo & Entry Information
- Scroll down to the Rodeo you are entering and there will be a Rodeo Entry Icon. Click on this icon
- Enter your member number (this is case sensitive so please use Capital Letters) i.e. L1234C or BBR1234, etc.
- If entering from your phone, once you put in your number, click in the name field and your name and email should automatically populate. If on a computer, hit tab and it will populate.
- Select your 1st and 2nd preference, you must give two preferences, if you only select one, your entry will be deleted. You can’t put the same performance for both your choices.
- Select the Events you want to enter, if you are in Team Roping you will need to put in your partners member number and select if they are Header or Heeler.
- You must fill out the Comments section if you are entered in other Co-Approved Rodeos, if you know the day you are up you must fill in that information….if you do not complete this information the office will not know where you are entered. We do not look at Jackpots when doing the draw or non sanctioned events. We can only do our best to set you with the rodeos on our schedule.
- If you are done with your entry then click on next and you will receive a screen for you to review that everything is correct you will then click on submit your entry and if your email is in the FCA system you will receive a confirmation email. If you need to fix something go to previous step and it will take you to the main screen to make any updates.
- If you have buddies, you are allowed up to 3 buddies, to enter you will go down and enter their information and once complete click on next, review that all is good and submit entry.
Procedures for using the Phone In Entry System.
Phone In Entry # 403-453-0845
- Association Card Number (no person will be allowed to enter without the card numbers of everyone being entered on that call. The entry secretary may request you to get all the card numbers and call back)
- Your Name
- Rodeo’s you are entering
- Other Rodeos you are competing in, if going to more that one on the same weekend. (Name Associaton, if it is not a FCA rodeo)
- Names and card numbers of people included in your buddy group.
- 1st Preference
- 2nd Preference, you must give 2 preferences and they must be different.
- Events you are entering
- Confirmation number will be given